“As if you were on fire from within. The moon lives in the lining of your skin.” ― Pablo Neruda
I love you. Three small words that are misunderstood and misused. I say them frequently to friends and family, but I know they are received through a filter, so I wanted to clarify what those three words mean to me.
- I love you means I accept you for the person you are, as you are, where you are. I expect nothing from you except authenticity.
- I love you means that I respect your hopes, dreams, and ambition, and will help you achieve what you want to achieve.
- I love you means that, while I may disagree with your political or religious views, I will go to the mat for your right to hold and express them.
- I love you means your secrets are safe with me. All of them.
- I love you means I hope you know I will always be a safe place to land.
- I love you means I will stop what I am doing to listen to you, because this may be the last opportunity I have to do so.
- I love you means when you ache, I ache. When you weep, I weep. When you laugh, I laugh.
- I love you means I embrace your flawed soul and am humbled to witness your goodness, as it inspires me to be better.
- I love you means I will be your strength when you are weak, your sight when you are blind, and your voice when yours has fled.
- I love you means that I honor you for bringing joy to my life, for opening my eyes to Life’s mysteries, for showing me how to be fully alive.
- I love… You!
Namaste. Happy New Year 2015.